Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
Learn how to make perfect Hard Boiled Eggs. Boiling an egg is really very simple! Follow these steps and, you'll make perfect hard-boiled eggs every time.
1. Inspect eggs carefully and don’t use any that have cracks.
2. Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and fill the pan with enough cold water to cover them by at least an inch.
3. Bring the water to a full boil, uncovered, then remove the pot from the heat and cover it.
4. Let the pot stand untouched for about 17 minutes. (15 minutes for larger eggs or 18 minutes if they are extra-large); drain.
5. Run cold water over the eggs or place them in an ice-water bath until they are completely cooled.
Egg size - The bigger the egg, the longer it will take to cook.
Fresher eggs are harder to peel. So if you want to make the peeling experience easier, try boiling eggs that have been in your fridge for a week.