6 tips how to stick to your resolution| TOTAL WELLNESS - How to start
Can’t motivate yourself to stick to your resolution? The problem may not be with you, but your choice of goals. As with a pair of glasses, some resolutions fit you while others don’t.
Here’s how to stick to your resolution
1. Be realistic. Make sure your plans fits into your lifestyle. Ask yourself if you really have the energy to go out for that evening exercise class. If you are a “social butterfly” and like people around you, you might want to take an exercise class. If you prefer to go it alone, consider swimming, jogging or walking. Make changes as easy and convenient as possible. Pick an activity you enjoy or have enjoyed in the past (such yoga, dancing, gardening or skating), and make a commitment to do it regularly.
2. Avoid berating yourself if you should fall back or break a resolution. Just brush yourself off and start over again. Focus on making the experience as pleasant as possible. For example, if you are concerned about judging you negatively, exercise, eat or meditate in the privacy of your home.
3. Stick to your resolution by considering it a promise to yourself for staying healthy. Spend 20 minutes a day doing something relaxing and not work related. Enjoy taking a walk, stretching, reading a book, or doing yoga. These activities can help you keep your energy level up and feel better longer than the energy derived from drinking a soda or not a very healthy energy drink.
4. Avoid situations that put you in temptation’s path; if you are on a diet, going to the ice cream parlor defends your purpose. Remember that fit and healthy bodies come in all shapes and sizes. Exercise and diet may not give you a movie star body, but it will help you look, feel and perform at the optimum level your genetic heritage will allow.
5. Keep a sticky note in a prominent place so that you see it every day, reminding yourself of your resolutions. Put it on your car window or on refrigerator where you can see every day.
6. Focus o positive self- talk. Congratulate yourself every time you take a step towards your resolution goals. Optimism and humor are not a gift you either have or not, it is a skill it improves with practice, then take a few moments to ... smile. Start by being kind to everyone in your life- strangers included. Observe yourself being kind to everyone. Now, learn to be as kind to yourself as you are to a stranger.
About author: Anna Urszula Dziugiel - President, Brawo press Inc., and the publisher of the Wellness Magazine and www.eWellnessmag.com. She is specializing in wellness, health, nutrition and fitness, and healthy lifestyle. As President and CEO of Brawo press Inc. she has gained success through a variety of business ventures, encompassing publishing, and merchandising. Considered a leader with more than 25 years of international experience in the publishing sector, she is an internationally recognized wellness expert, publisher and founder of Wellness magazine, www.ewellnessmag.com as well as several health and wellbeing European publications as Lady Fitness magazine or Zdrowie Kobiet (Women’s Health) magazine.