17 Ways to Love Yourself
As Valentine's Day approaches we all are reminded of perhaps the greatest thing in life called LOVE. Whether you are celebrating with a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, family, partner, friends or even just you, anyone can use these tips to love yourself and find happiness. Speaker, author and psychotherapist, Diane Lang, shares 17 tips to help us all celebrate Valentine's Day with an open heart and positive attitude.
1. Start off with positive affirmations. Remind yourself everyday how special you are.
2. Know that you're good enough. God made you perfectly. Enjoy who you are
3. Be a role model by showing love. Express and show love through your actions. Hugs, kisses, cuddling all of these expressions show love and produce endorphins for an extra boost of happiness.
4. Show love by being kind, caring, warm, compassionate and empathetic to others and yourself.
5. Share your love with random acts of kindness - let others share in your good will and love by doing something for someone else with no expectation.
6. Show self love by putting yourself first - do something special for you!
7. Love yourself so you can accept love from others.
8. Forgive yourself and others. You can't move forward and enjoy life without forgiveness.
9. Love yourself by removing the toxic from your life. Surround yourself with positive people and forget the rest.
10. Praise your efforts. Mistakes and failures are part of life and unavoidable, but without the effort you won't have success.
11. Acknowledge your strengths. For today don't focus on weaknesses; instead look at your strengths and be proud of your skills and abilities.
12. For Valentine's Day just have fun! Don't set any unrealistic expectations just enjoy the moment.
13. Take a risk on Valentine's Day and try something new!
14. Visualize a day full of love; what would it feel like? What could you do to have this type of day?
15. Have a day full of love in person. For today have face to face interaction not a virtual date.
16. By being grateful you can see all the love that is around you. Sometimes we just need a perspective shift to see the love clearly.
17. Thank those in your life who are always loving, kind and compassionate. Let them know how much you appreciate their love.
About author: Diane Lang - Positive Living Expert and psychotherapist - is a nationally recognized speaker, author, educator, therapist and media expert. Lang is extremely mediagenic and offers expertise on a variety of health and wellness topics about creating balance and finding happiness through positive living as well as multiple mental health, lifestyle and parenting needs. In addition to holding multiple counseling positions, Diane is also an adjunct professor at Montclair State University. To learn more about Diane Lang please go to www.dlcounseling.com.